3D BROWS MICROBLADING FAQ
How long will my 3D Brows last?
Cosmetic tattooing is considered semi-permanent as it does not wash away, however pigments are designed to fade over time. Factors such as skin type, lifestyle, age, metabolism, medications, and pigment color affect the longevity of the tattoo. The sun and some kinds of lighting can affect the rate at which these pigments are broken down. To take care of your brows follow the aftercare instructions and touch-up your brows every 1-2 years (as needed). Touch-ups are normal and expected for Semi-Permanent Cosmetics.
*Please note that final results vary and CANNOT be guaranteed due to the nature of skin as it heals. A follow-up appointment is recommended at 4-6 weeks where we can assess your pigment retention and make any changes necessary. Some clients may require more than one follow-up to reach their desired results at an additional cost. Again this will depend on aftercare, skin type, etc.
What factors will affect my 3D Brows?
- Oily Skin: Increased oil production can cause hairstrokes to blur and heal lighter and powdery.
- Smoking: Smokers may notice that their Semi-Permanent Cosmetics will fade faster
- Anemia and iron deficiency: Your body will absorb these iron based pigments more quickly.
- Sun exposure: Increased exposure to the sun will cause premature fading. You will want to use a special sunscreen for your Semi-Permanent Cosmetics; I recommend Color Guard. You can find it on Amazon.
- Age and metabolism. The Faster your metabolism the faster the pigment will fade.
- Bleeding during the procedure: Excessive bleeding during your procedure will greatly affect how your body retains pigment. While this is not entirely in our control, it is important that you follow before care instructions to help minimize bleeding. This includes avoiding blood thinning medications, alcohol, and caffeine before your procedure.
DoSe microblading hurt?
Topical anesthetics are used to make you comfortable during your Semi-Permanent Cosmetic procedure, however pain tolerance varies from client to client. Having the procedure during your menstrual cycle may increase your sensitivity.
What kind of pigment is used in for 3D Brows?
Unlike body tattoos, which are made using carbon based ink, cosmetic tattoos are made using iron-oxide based pigments. These pigments are safe to use and are created to slowly fade over time. The pigments I use do not contain organic material as these have a higher risk of causing allergic reactions.
You cannot receive hairstroke brows if you are/have:
- Pregnant or nursing
- Using Accutane or have used Accutane within the past year
- Freshly tanned/sunburned face
- On blood thinning medications or antibiotics
- Diabetic (doctor's note required)
- Chemotherapy (consult a doctor)
- Viral infection or disease (cold, flu, etc.)
- Skin irritation or Psoriasis near treated area
- Boxox in the past 3 weeks
- MRI (within 2 weeks)
How should I prepare for my appointment?
- If you have reference pictures, please feel free to bring these to your appointment. Along with the pencil or powder you are currently using.
- If you tint your brows you will want to do so 72 hours before your appointment.
- If you prefer to have your eyebrows waxed/threaded please do so at least 3 days before your appointment, otherwise we can remove stray hairs when we design your brows.
- Shower and wash your face the day of your appointment.
- You must not use Retin-A near the brow area 2 weeks before or after the procedure.
- You will need to avoid pools, lakes, salt water and extreme sun exposure for at least two weeks following your appointment, so make vacation plans accordingly!
- No Botox, fillers, Microdermabrasion, chemical peels or anything of the like for at least 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
Doing any of the following will cause excessive bleeding during your procedure and will hinder your final result!!!
- Do not work out the day of your appointment.
- You should not take (unless prescribed by a Doctor) any medications that may thin your blood (i.e. Aspirin, Ibproferen, fish oil, Vitamin E) 72 hours before or immediately after your procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours of your procedure.
- Avoid caffeine for 12 hours before your procedure.
What can I expect immediately after my appointment?
In the hours following your procedure your Semi-Permanent Cosmetics will appear much darker and bolder than it will heal due to oxidation in the surface layer of your skin. Your Semi-Permanent Cosmetics will also appear warmer in color. You may experience some redness or swelling around the treated area, this typically disappears within 48 hours.
Around day 3 you may notice some flaking or light scabbing on the treated area, do not pick at it, doing so can result in loss of pigment in those areas. Brows may appear spotty or patchy until the entire brow has finished healing. You may notice that some areas may appear very light or even to have lost pigment entirely after they have peeled, the epidermis will be thicker causing muting, hiding or diffusing of pigment underneath. The epidermis will normalize over the next 4-6 weeks and softened pigment should appear more clearly on surface of the skin.
At 4-6 weeks your brows will be fully healed. Whatever pigment that does not return will be addressed at your touch up appointment or if you’d prefer darker, bolder brows we can always add more color or dimension during that appointment!
Do I need a touch-up/follow-up appointment?
Yes! All Semi-Permanent Cosmetic procedures require and include 2 sessions, an initial session to establish shape and a perfecting session 4-6 weeks later. During your 4-6 week follow-up we can assess your pigment retention and make any adjustments needed. This follow-up also increases the longevity of your Semi-Permanent Cosmetics.
Do I need a consultation before getting Semi-Permanent Cosmetics?
I do not offer consult appointments, if you have a specific question or concern you are welcome to text. I book enough time to discuss your needs and wants at the initial appointment. if you are in need of correction work or have had your brows tattooed elsewhere, you will need to in text me a photo before booking. This way we can schedule adequate time.
How long does the procedure take?
Initial appointments take approximately 1.5 to 2 hours. This includes the designing process, numbing the area, and Semi-Permanent Cosmetics procedure. Follow-up sessions take approximately 1 to 1.5 hours.
I have had my brows tattooed before, can you fix them/touch them up?
I require that anyone who has had their brows tattooed previously by another artist text me a picture before booking an appointment. This way we can discuss price, your options and schedule sufficient time.
How can I book an appointment?
Appointments can be made emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org or texting/calling 512-923-8893
A $100 deposit is required to ensure you are serious about receiving your Brows. Your deposit will go towards the final price of your Brows. The remainder of your balance is due at the time of your appointment.
What is your cancellation policy?
Deposits are fully refundable as long as you give 72 hours notice. I also require 72 hours notice to make any changes to your appointment. Giving less than 72 hours notice for a cancellation will result in the forfeit of your deposit. If you cancel, are more than 15 minutes late, or do not show up to your appointment, your deposit will be forfeited. This may seem strict but it is to insure you are serious about your appointment and should you cancel it gives me time to fill your spot.