Am I a good candidate for microblading?
WHAT FACTORS WILL AFFECT MY BROWS?
- Oily Skin: Increased oil production can cause hairstrokes to blur and heal lighter and powdery.
- Smoking: Smokers may notice that their Semi-Permanent Cosmetics will fade faster
- Anemia and iron deficiency: Your body will absorb these iron based pigments more quickly.
- Sun exposure: Increased exposure to the sun will cause premature fading.
- Age and metabolism. The Faster your metabolism the faster the pigment will fade.
- Bleeding during the procedure: Excessive bleeding during your procedure will greatly affect how your body retains pigment. While this is not entirely in our control, it is important that you follow before care instructions to help minimize bleeding. This includes avoiding blood thinning medications, alcohol, and caffeine before your procedure.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THE PROCEDURE?
Microblading is not suitable if you have/are:
- Using Accutane or have used Accutane within the past year
- Freshly tanned/sunburned face
- On blood thinning medications or antibiotics
- Diabetic (doctor's note required)
- Chemotherapy (doctor's note required)
- Viral infection or disease (cold, flu, etc.)
- History of Keloids or Hypertrophic scarring
- Skin irritation or Psoriasis near treated area
- Boxox in the past 3 weeks
- MRI (within 2 weeks)
- Nursing clients can be done at your own discretion. I advise discussing with your doctor first. Microblading is still considered a tattoo, and just like with wine or sushi consumption, it is a personal choice to do so during this period.
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
- If you have reference pictures, please feel free to bring these to your appointment along with nay brow product you are currently using.
- If you tint your brows you will want to do so 72 hours before your appointment.
- If you prefer to have your eyebrows waxed/threaded please do so at least 3 days before your appointment, otherwise I can remove stray hairs when I design your brows.
- Shower and wash your face the day of your appointment.
- You must not use Retin-A near the brow area 2 weeks before or after the procedure.
- You will need to avoid water/salt water and extreme sun exposure for at least two weeks following your appointment.
- No Botox, fillers, Microdermabrasion, chemical peels or anything of the like for at least 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
Doing any of the following will cause excessive bleeding during your procedure and will hinder your final result:
- Do not work out the day of your appointment.
- You should not take (unless prescribed by a Doctor) any medications that may thin your blood (i.e. Aspirin, Ibproferen, fish oil, Vitamin E) 72 hours before or immediately after your procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours of your procedure.
- Avoid caffeine for 12 hours before your procedure.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IMMEDIATELY AFTER MY APPOINTMENT?
In the hours following your procedure your Semi-Permanent Cosmetics will appear much darker and bolder than it will heal due to oxidation in the surface layer of your skin. Your Semi-Permanent Cosmetics will also appear warmer in color. You may experience some redness or swelling around the treated area, this typically disappears within 48 hours.
Around day 3 you may notice some flaking or light scabbing on the treated area, do not pick at it, doing so can result in loss of pigment in those areas. Brows may appear spotty or patchy until the entire brow has finished healing. You may notice that some areas may appear very light or even to have lost pigment entirely after they have peeled, the epidermis will be thicker causing muting, hiding or diffusing of pigment underneath. The epidermis will normalize over the next 4 weeks and softened pigment should appear more clearly on surface of the skin.
At 4 weeks your brows will be fully healed. Whatever pigment that does not return will be addressed at your touch up appointment or if you’d prefer darker, bolder brows we can always add more color or dimension during that appointment!
WHAT IF I DON'T LIKE IT?
As with all cosmetic procedures, I always recommend that clients do their research and understand the procedure and compare different artists' work and portfolio when making their decisions. I will do my utmost to shape and style your eyebrows to your satisfaction prior to the procedure and every effort will be made to achieve an even appearance. If you ultimately decide microblading is not for you, your brows will eventually fade away if no additional touch ups are done.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
Deposits are fully refundable as long as you give 72 hours notice. I also require 72 hours notice to make any changes to your appointment. Giving less than 72 hours notice for a cancellation will result in the forfeit of your deposit. If you cancel, are more than 15 minutes late, or do not show up to your appointment, your deposit will be forfeited. This may seem strict but it is to insure you are serious about your appointment and should you cancel it gives me time to fill your spot.