3D BROWS MICROBLADING
What is Microblading?
Microblading; also known as 3D brows, eyebrow embroidery, feather touch or microstroking is a procedure categorized under permanent makeup, but unlike traditional cosmetic tattooing, it is less invasive and is considered semi-permanent. Microblading typically lasts 1-2 years, depending on skin type lifestyle. The procedure is done by using a handheld tool with ultra fine needles and each 'hair stroke' is gently etched into the skin, giving an incredibly natural and realistic look. Microblading can dramatically correct and fully reconstruct eyebrows and is excellent for those wanting to enhance their brows or those who have little to no eyebrows.
August special! $50 off INITIAL SESSIOn!*
INITIAL SESSION + PERFECTION SESSION - $400
- 2.5 hour initial session includes a consultation, selecting brow shape and color, application of microbladed hairstrokes and scheduling of the 4-6 week complementary perfection session.
- 1.5 hour perfection session includes touch-up of any faded hairstrokes and any shaping issues will be addressed. This appointment must take place between 4-6 weeks from the initial session to be considered complementary.
COLOR BOOSTS + TOUCH UPS - $125
- For clients who feel they need more color or perfecting of hairstrokes. This service must be preformed 3 months after, but before 12 month from the initial session date.
12 MONTH COLOR BOOST + TOUCH UP - $250
- Yearly touch-up to ensure an ongoing perfected brow.
**If you have an existing brow tattoo, depending on the fading and color, it may require more work or treatment. In this case, the rate for microblading may be higher – please consult with me prior to booking with a photo of your current brows.
Touch up rates do not apply to microblading or tattoo work done elsewhere. Please inquire for rates
HOW CAN I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT?
Appointments can be made by clicking the "book now" button below or by texting/calling 512-923-8893
A $100 deposit is required and will go towards the final price of your brows. The remainder of your balance is due at the time of your appointment.
Please be sure to read throguth the FAQ's below to ensure you are a good candidate for microblading.
3D BROWS MICROBLADING FAQ
How long does it take?
The initial session should take about 2.5 hours. During this session, I will shape and style your brows and make any changes needed. We then follow with pigment color selection. Once you are satisfied with the choices, we will apply numbing cream and begin the procedure.
The second perfecting session takes place 4-6 weeks after the initial session. This session will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete.
Is it painful?
The pain level for the procedure is considered mild to none. Topical anesthetics are used to make you comfortable during the procedure, however pain tolerance varies from client to client.
How long does it take to heal?
It takes approximately 7-14 days for the brows to heal, and about 1 month for the color to fully set in. No down time is required after the procedure.
HOW LONG WILL it LAST?
Microblading is considered semi-permanent because the pigments are designed to fade over time. Factors such as skin type, lifestyle, age, metabolism, medications, and pigment color affect the longevity of your brows. The sun will also affect the rate at which these pigments are broken down. A touch-up anywhere between 6 months to 2 years depending on your skin and lifestyle will be required to keep your brows looking fresh!
Is the perfection session necessary?
Yes, absolutely! A touch up session after 4-6 weeks is necessary to achieve a fully perfected microbladed 3D brow. Certain strokes may not pick up during first session and will need to be refilled. Pigment color may also need to be adjusted, brow thickness and more strokes can be added as well. Individuals with oily skin often require a deeper shade during the touch up session as the oils tend to lighten the pigment. Your perfection session will allow me to refine your brows to ensure it looks perfect and retains the color for the whole year!
DO I NEED A CONSULTATION BEFORE GETTING SEMI-PERMANENT COSMETICS?
It's not required, as I book enough time to discuss your needs and wants at the initial appointment, but I do offer consult appointments. If you have a specific question or concern you are welcome to text/call or email as well.
I HAVE HAD MY BROWS TATTOOED/microbladed BEFORE, CAN YOU FIX THEM/TOUCH THEM UP?
I require that anyone who has had their brows tattooed previously by another artist text me a picture before booking an appointment. This way we can discuss price, your options and schedule sufficient time.
WHAT KIND OF PIGMENT IS USED IN FOR 3D BROWS?
Unlike body tattoos, which are made using carbon based ink, cosmetic tattoos are made using iron-oxide based pigments. These pigments are safe to use and are created to slowly fade over time. Pigments used are chosen to match the natural or desired brow color.
WHAT FACTORS WILL AFFECT MY 3D BROWS?
- Oily Skin: Increased oil production can cause hairstrokes to blur and heal lighter and powdery.
- Smoking: Smokers may notice that their Semi-Permanent Cosmetics will fade faster
- Anemia and iron deficiency: Your body will absorb these iron based pigments more quickly.
- Sun exposure: Increased exposure to the sun will cause premature fading.
- Age and metabolism. The Faster your metabolism the faster the pigment will fade.
- Bleeding during the procedure: Excessive bleeding during your procedure will greatly affect how your body retains pigment. While this is not entirely in our control, it is important that you follow before care instructions to help minimize bleeding. This includes avoiding blood thinning medications, alcohol, and caffeine before your procedure.
Who is not suitable for the procedure?
Microblading is not suitable if you have/are:
- Using Accutane or have used Accutane within the past year
- Freshly tanned/sunburned face
- On blood thinning medications or antibiotics
- Diabetic (doctor's note required)
- Chemotherapy (doctor's note required)
- Viral infection or disease (cold, flu, etc.)
- History of Keloids or Hypertrophic scarring
- Skin irritation or Psoriasis near treated area
- Boxox in the past 3 weeks
- MRI (within 2 weeks)
- Nursing clients can be done at your own discretion. I advise discussing with your doctor first. Microblading is still considered a tattoo, and just like with wine or sushi consumption, it is a personal choice to do so during this period.
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
- If you have reference pictures, please feel free to bring these to your appointment along with nay brow product you are currently using.
- If you tint your brows you will want to do so 72 hours before your appointment.
- If you prefer to have your eyebrows waxed/threaded please do so at least 3 days before your appointment, otherwise I can remove stray hairs when I design your brows.
- Shower and wash your face the day of your appointment.
- You must not use Retin-A near the brow area 2 weeks before or after the procedure.
- You will need to avoid water/salt water and extreme sun exposure for at least two weeks following your appointment.
- No Botox, fillers, Microdermabrasion, chemical peels or anything of the like for at least 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
Doing any of the following will cause excessive bleeding during your procedure and will hinder your final result:
- Do not work out the day of your appointment.
- You should not take (unless prescribed by a Doctor) any medications that may thin your blood (i.e. Aspirin, Ibproferen, fish oil, Vitamin E) 72 hours before or immediately after your procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours of your procedure.
- Avoid caffeine for 12 hours before your procedure.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IMMEDIATELY AFTER MY APPOINTMENT?
In the hours following your procedure your Semi-Permanent Cosmetics will appear much darker and bolder than it will heal due to oxidation in the surface layer of your skin. Your Semi-Permanent Cosmetics will also appear warmer in color. You may experience some redness or swelling around the treated area, this typically disappears within 48 hours.
Around day 3 you may notice some flaking or light scabbing on the treated area, do not pick at it, doing so can result in loss of pigment in those areas. Brows may appear spotty or patchy until the entire brow has finished healing. You may notice that some areas may appear very light or even to have lost pigment entirely after they have peeled, the epidermis will be thicker causing muting, hiding or diffusing of pigment underneath. The epidermis will normalize over the next 4 weeks and softened pigment should appear more clearly on surface of the skin.
At 4 weeks your brows will be fully healed. Whatever pigment that does not return will be addressed at your touch up appointment or if you’d prefer darker, bolder brows we can always add more color or dimension during that appointment!
What if I don't like it?
As with all cosmetic procedures, I always recommend that clients do their research and understand the procedure and compare different artists' work and portfolio when making their decisions. I will do my utmost to shape and style your eyebrows to your satisfaction prior to the procedure and every effort will be made to achieve an even appearance. If you ultimately decide microblading is not for you, your brows will eventually fade away if no additional touch ups are done.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
Deposits are fully refundable as long as you give 72 hours notice. I also require 72 hours notice to make any changes to your appointment. Giving less than 72 hours notice for a cancellation will result in the forfeit of your deposit. If you cancel, are more than 15 minutes late, or do not show up to your appointment, your deposit will be forfeited. This may seem strict but it is to insure you are serious about your appointment and should you cancel it gives me time to fill your spot.
** (special rate can not be combined with with any other discounts. Other restrictions may apply)